Things To Arrange Before Your Holiday
With the UK currently in a state of national lockdown in attempts to limit the impact of coronavirus on our important NHS staff and resources, the majority of flights – both national and international – have been cancelled.
We fully expect that things will revert to normal later on in the year and that those of you who have unfortunately missed out on a spring-time holiday will be able to book one in time for the summer.
With a few months to wait until then, and with so many of us at home during the lockdown, there has never been a better time to plan for the future.
Here are five essentials to plan in advance, ready for your next holiday:
5. Travel Insurance
Even without the threat of a worldwide pandemic, having the right insurance to cover your flight and your holiday is crucial. For frequent travellers, it’s worth considering a general international insurance policy, rather than taking out a new one for each trip.
4. Travel Money
From traveller’s checks, to spare debit cards and credit cards, to cold, hard cash, it’s worth having a plan for your money while you’re abroad. It is also advisable to inform your bank that you’re travelling abroad, as some have been known to block unusual transactions. By giving them advance notice, you can avoid that embarrassment.
Now is as good a time as any to confirm whether your destination requires you have vaccinations before you fly there. A full list can be found at the World Health Organisation website.
2. Animal Care
If you have pets, you need to plan for their holiday too! Whether they’re staying with family and friends, or spending the time in a kennel or cattery, now’s a good time to figure out what you need to send with them to keep them happy and comfortable.
1. Airport Transfer
When you’re planning your new holiday, start it in style with an executive airport transfer service. Here at Bath Taxi Transfers, we will be available for transfers to and from all UK airports from Bath, Bristol and the surrounding area, just as soon as life gets back on an even keel. Feel free to get in touch today to get a quote, or to make a provisional booking.
Pre Flight Checklist
- Check Visa Requirements – you can visa requirements per country here.
- Get Travel Insurance – For the best travel insurance offers you can compare offers here. And for more information on travel insurance during Covid 19 read this from Which?
- Let Your Bank Know You’ll Be Travelling – To make sure you can use your bank card to withdraw cash or pay for things without your card being blocked.
- Pack Those Carry On Essentials – This may include lip balm, scarf, headphones, book, toothbrush, essential medication and change of clothing.
- Confirm Your Airport Transfer – Call 01225 220789 for more information.
- Make Sure You Charge Your Phone – You could invest in a charging phone case to ensure your phone remains charged and don’t forget to invest in a international travel adaptor.
- Check In Online – If your airline allows it check in online to save time at the airport, giving you extra time to pick up a tea or coffee.
- Make Copies Of All Your Travel Documents – It is good practise to keep a copy in your luggage separate to your passport and you could always leave a copy with a trusted friend or family member just in case your passport is lost on your travels.
- Verify Your Airline’s Baggage Weight Limits – Avoid extra fees by weighing your bags at home using a small luggage scale.
- Don’t Forget To Pack Your Passport & Tickets!
Here at Bath Taxi Transfers, we have already implemented additional measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus and other infectious diseases. This includes the sanitisation of all hard surfaces in each of our vehicles following every journey, as well as providing sanitising hand wipes for all our passengers.